Modify Tweet status via API

api

Hi,
I’ve noticed that there’s a “Pause\Activate” button on the Tweet status column in the ads manager.

I’ve looked for it and saw that I can get the status in get request but didn’t see a way for me to POST a new status.

I wanted to know if this functionality is available via the API or planned to be supported in the future.

Thanks,

Lior

Hi @LiorPlus500! This functionality is not available through the API. If you want to “pause” an ad, you have to delete the promoted tweet, and that will unlink that tweet from that line item, the original tweet remaining untouched. And when you want to “unpause” that tweet you add it again to the line item by recreating the promoted tweet. I assume that this procedure will change the second promoted tweet’s id, so any reports associated to the first one will be lost… but, unfortunately, there’s no other way to do this through the API apart from pausing the entire line item.

@LiorPlus500: Thanks for the question. As @majoritasdev said, you must delete the promoted_tweets entity to disassociate the Tweet from the line item. This is the same way the UI implements “pausing.” See this post for additional details.

I assume that this procedure will change the second promoted tweet’s id

When you reassociate a Tweet with a line item, the promoted_tweets's ID will be the same as before you deleted it.

As a reminder, please search through the forums before asking a question to avoid creating duplicate threads.