Lost Tweet

search

Hi to everyone.

I trie to get an specific message, specifically this: 621680166209720320

But when i compose the query: https://api.twitter.com/1.1/search/tweets.json?q=%40bancosantander&since_id=621680166209720319&max_id=621680166209720321

The result its empty. Whats happend?

Regards.

The account that sent that Tweet was only just created shortly before the Tweet was sent - 12 minutes earlier, in fact.

The public Search API is not a complete index of all Tweets (“it’s important to know that the Search API is focused on relevance and not completeness. This means that some Tweets and users may be missing from search results.”), and my guess is that this Tweet was not indexed for Search at this time.

You can of course still obtain the Tweet using the statuses/show endpoint.

Thanks for your early response Andy.

But, its impossible to get the Tweet using search “@bancosantander”? I’m monitoring this account, and i dont know who is mention me…

You could use the Streaming API with a filter to track mentions of that account, but the Search API is limited to 7 days of historical data, and is not a complete index, as the docs indicate. I’m afraid a very recently-created / low quality account may not show up in Search, that’s not how the index is optimised.