Login button always goes to failure callback - Android Fabric

I have a login button in a fragment. The main activity has:

@Override
protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent data) {
    super.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);

// TWITTER: Pass the activity result to the fragment, which will then pass the result to the login
     Fragment fragment1 = mSectionsPagerAdapter.getItem(0);  // get the first fragment where twitter is
    if(fragment1 != null)
        fragment1.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);
}

And in the Fragment:

@Override
    public void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode, Intent data) {
        super.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);
        //twitter
        if(loginButton != null)
            loginButton.onActivityResult(requestCode, resultCode, data);
    }

So it seems like the activity callback setup is OK. My button code is (removing some other stuff):

loginButton = (TwitterLoginButton) rootView.findViewById(R.id.twitter_login_button);
        loginButton.setCallback(new Callback<TwitterSession>() {
            @Override
            public void success(Result<TwitterSession> result) {
                // Do something with result, which provides a TwitterSession for making API calls
                tv_twitter_status.setText("2 Twitter Login in good!");

}

@Override
            public void failure(TwitterException exception) {
                // Do something on failure
                tv_twitter_status.setText("2 ERROR: " + exception.getMessage());

}
            }
        });

What happens is if I start the app fresh, the login comes up if I have not logged in before and asks for permission for the app. If ok, nothing is called. If I use the button again, either nothing happens or the failure callback is called - without any screen from Twitter. I have never gotten the success callback even when logging in and permitting OK.

I think I have all the keys and permissions correct.If it matters, I am at minSDK 12, build SDK 22, I am wondering about possible mixes or conflicts on v4 and current libraries but it all compiles and runs otherwise.

Also is the login button also used to logout or ?

So no response … I still have this problem. Also if you attempt to login once and it fails, then using the login button again seems to do nothing except immediately call the failure callback. How should one re-attempt a login with this button?