Large Twitter Card Image not showing up when validating

I have tested a particular webpage in your validator.
My aim is for a large twitter card to display when someone shares, like your example:
twitter-shouldbe

I can validate successfully, and the content shows up ok, links to the right page, shows right text etc, but it only shows a small image space on the left instead of a large image taking up a whole space with the content under it. It also doesn’t display the image at all. See below image for the validator result:
twitter-is

I believe I have the correct twittercard metadata tags in the head section, and I also have opengraph metadata in the head section as well.
Here is the webpage, so you can check the metadata:

My robots.txt file at http://www.empoweryourpotential.com.au/robots.txt
allows twitter in the relevant folders, as so:
User-agent: Twitterbot
Disallow: *
Allow: /images/opengraph
Allow: /articles
Allow: /articles/imaes

My image dimensions are 800x418 which fits with the 2:1 ratio and is double your minimum size exactly.

My image shows up fine on the tested webpage, and also shows up fine when entering image url directly into browser address bar:

I have also read your “Troubleshooting Steps” checkpoints, and there appears nothing there that I have done wrong or missed or is relevant.

So I would like to know why the large twitter card doesn’t display as should when I validate? Or perhaps is it that the validator just displays the result in its own way, whilst in a real share it will come up as should?

Thanks
Janara

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]:

robots.txt is disallowing everything

should be the other way around, allow first, then disallow https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robots_exclusion_standard#Allow_directive

Hi Igor.

Actually the robots.txt it is correct as it is. It obviously doesn’t matter about the order. I have researched this syntax comprehensively in the past, and have used it with success on other websites.

What I have discovered though, is that It seems that your validator updates things slowly. During initial testings, I found I had made a couple of mistakes, which I corrected. However it still didn’t show properly in the validator on re-testing. Which is when I wrote you.

Then, a little while after I wrote to you, I decided to test again, and the image all of a sudden appeared as it should in the validator.

I have since tested other pages, and they are all displaying correctly now in the validator.

And I didn’t touch the robots.txt file.

So, the conclusion I discovered is that it is not a robots.txt problem, it is actually a slow validator update problem.

Sorry I couldn’t write back when it started working properly because it was my first post and it was on hold and I couldn’t make a further communication with you.

Thanks for responding.

Janara

Yeah there is actual caching so that the bot doesn’t hit your page with every single share (both taxing to your website, and to the twitter bot)
So if you make a mistake in the metadata you will need to wait a while after you correct it to give the bot the chance to refresh the cache.

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.