Issue with conversions: web vs mobile

analytics
placement

Hello,

Here, we have a campaign with a desktop targeting only: a9bfa.

By doing some analytics calls, we are getting conversions (the same amount) for both WEB_CONVERSIONS and MOBILE_CONVERSIONS placements.

This is an issue on our side because we’re a platform used to manage Twitter’s ads so we might be able to get all the conversions of all the campaigns, without having to hide any data. Here, it’s breaking our reporting tools because our clients are wondering why they get mobile conversions for non-mobile campaigns.

// stats/accounts/1xvx31?entity_ids=a9bfa&entity=CAMPAIGN&start_time=2018-01-24&end_time=2018-01-31&granularity=TOTAL&metric_groups=WEB_CONVERSION&placement=ALL_ON_TWITTER
// This is returning 2862 post_view conversion_purchases.

"conversion_purchases": {
	"order_quantity_engagement": null,
	"sale_amount_engagement": null,
	"sale_amount_view": null,
	"post_view": Array[1][
	],
	"order_quantity": null,
	"assisted": null,
	"post_engagement": Array[1][
	],
	"sale_amount": null,
	"metric": Array[1][
	],
	"order_quantity_view": null
},

// stats/accounts/1xvx31?entity_ids=a9bfa&entity=CAMPAIGN&start_time=2018-01-24&end_time=2018-01-31&granularity=TOTAL&metric_groups=MOBILE_CONVERSION&placement=ALL_ON_TWITTER
// This is also returning 2862 but for post_view mobile_conversion_purchases which isn't supposed to be existing.

"mobile_conversion_purchases": {
	"post_view": Array[1][
	],
	"order_quantity": null,
	"assisted": null,
	"post_engagement": Array[1][
	],
	"sale_amount": null
}, 

Same problem for the post_engagement metrics.

Could you check please and let us know if you’re going to fix this issue? For me, it’s probably related to the other issue with our stats API we opened a few weeks ago now: Video metrics for a campaign without videos

Thanks,

Christopher

Hello here,

Any ideas or feedbacks?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @c_chauve,

The purchase metric is a shared value between mobile or web conversions. Therefore both metric_groups will return the shared purchase value. I can’t speak historic knowledge of this being setup, but I will bring this up with the correct team so they are aware of the confusion and mis-reporting this could cause. Thanks!

Hello @goforbrent,

Thank you for your message!

That’s a bit weird since you might want to know the differences between the purchases you made via web and/or via mobile.

Please let me know if you have any feedback!

Thanks,

Chris