Issue with an svg image showing up in a card

I’m having issues getting my images (which are SVGs) to show up in Twitter Cards:

It passes the Card validator.

Example tweet:

https://twitter.com/getbarback/status/671465662460497920

I’m not aware that Cards support SVG images I’m afraid - we certainly don’t support them directly in Tweets (PNG, JPG and GIF are the supported image formats that I’m aware of). I don’t see your image showing up in the validator either.

[quote=“andypiper, post:2, topic:57253, full:true”]
I’m not aware that Cards support SVG images I’m afraid - we certainly don’t support them directly in Tweets (PNG, JPG and GIF are the supported image formats that I’m aware of). I don’t see your image showing up in the validator either.[/quote]

I recently stumbled across this issue and it would be helpful to add a list of supported image formats to Summary Card with Large Image.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s a useful point. I’ll take a note to add it, but we’re working the documentation site infrastructure at the moment so I can’t make a change right away.

There is still no mention of SVG (or of allowable image file formats) on that page, or the pages for the other card types, as far as I can see.

Thanks for the reminder! I will get that updated in the coming week.

We’re working on more documentation updates around card image formats right now. Tracking internally as PLG-970.