Is there a limit to the number of get requests?

rate-limits

So I’m working on creating a widget to simply pull in tweets (using search/tweets.json). Is there a limit to the number of times that widget can be loaded? For instance, if the page gets 1,000 views will the sandbox version of the API/widget be able to handle that many requests? The widget will only have a handful of tweets in it, but I need to know if the page gets a lot of hits; do I need a premium/enterprise account to handle that many?

I don’t care to much about the number of tweets being pulled in. I just need to know if there’s a limit to the number of views. Trying to wrap my head around what they mean by rate limits, ec.

If you use a standard twitter widget to do this I don’t think there is a limit

Indeed - if you use one of the ones available via publish.twitter.com I don’t think you’d have any issues. If you are intent on building something yourself, I would strongly suggest adopting a caching strategy, as search/tweets has a limited number of requests per API window and I can see you running over those limits quickly in a multi-browser / user situation.

Well, the problem with the publish.twitter.com version is it no longer supports hashtag searches and that’s a big aspect of what the widget will be searching for with the tweets. Also, what is the limit?

I would definitely cache the requests. You can definitely do 1 per minute so a cache would work perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.