Is publishing the data analyzed, modified, or generated from a tweet allow under the ToS?

Hi All

I am a Software Engineer working on a pet project utilizing tweet data. I want to accumulate tweets obtained using the streaming API and output the tweet data to a database. I plan to analyze the tweet for the frequency of specific keywords. I’d like to generate charts or maps of the values obtained by the analysis and display this data on a public website. Would this be allowed under the Twitter Terms of Service?

I ask because there seem to be two conflicting clauses in the ToS, and I was not able to tell which one applies. Quote 1 seem to permit the “to adapt”, “to modify” etc… but Quote 2 don’t seem to permit such actions.

Quote1 (Twitter Terms of Service) :

1. Your Rights

You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).

Tip: This license is you authorizing us to make your Tweets on the Twitter Services available to the rest of the world and to let others do the same.

You agree that this license includes the right for Twitter to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with Twitter for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.

Quote2 (Developer Agreement) :

B. License from Twitter. Subject to the terms and conditions in this Agreement (as a condition to the grant below), Twitter hereby grants you and you accept a non-exclusive, royalty free, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license during the Term solely to:

1.Use the Twitter API to develop and implement your Services;
2.Copy a reasonable amount of and display the Content on and through your Services to End Users, as permitted by this Agreement;
3.Modify Content only to format it for display on your Services; and

If I can not display the data on the site, please tell me whether the data could be displayed by perhaps editing content of the tweet. Alternately, if you know of a third-partyservice that publicly displays tweets in a manner that meets the ToS, could you point me to their website. (For example, I believe the following site is not a problem: Tweetping)

If this topic has already been discussed and wasn’t worth a response, please tell me the past topic’s link.

Best Regards

Hi @frtton, I appreciate you writing in to make sure your integration is policy compliant. I have a couple additional questions–it’s probably easiest if you send us a ticket at https://support.twitter.com/forms/platform under ‘I have an API question’.

-Aaron

I appreciate your reply and guidance.
and have sent my question as API question from support form.

-frtton