iOS Mark as a favorite with other Twitter Account

ios
bug
twitterkit
account-access
favorites

Hi,

Something strange is happen in my App. In my App I show a tweet list with TWTRTweetTableViewCell objects and I have set the “showActionButtons” to true.

When the user mark as a favorite a tweet the SDK uses the iOS settings Twitter account and do this action. But if the user remove this account in settings and login with other user account then in my App when the user mark as a favorite the Tweet is marked in the previous one account not in the new account.

I have tested that after re-install my App and the issue still happen.

I’m using TwitterKit and TwitterCore with the 2.3.0 version in Xcode 7.3.1 and I have tested in iOS 9 and iOS 10 devices.

Anyone has this problem? Maybe is a SKD Twitter bug?

Thanks,

Thanks for reaching out on this @ggdiez, so just to confirm what you’re seeing.

You favorite a tweet in your app, logout as that user, log in as a user and the tweet doesn’t have their favorite recorded? If so, do you the favorite recorded on Twitter.com for example?

Hello @bonnell

The problem is between the Twitter users accounts in a Device. I mean:

Step 1. Go to iOS settings > Twitter > login with user 1 (only I have this Twitter account in iOS Settings)
Step 2. Go to my App > Mark a Tweet X as a favorite >> I check in Twitter.com with user 1 that the tweet X is marked as favorite.
Step 3. Go to iOS settings > Twitter > remove user 1
Step 4. Go to iOS settings > Twitter > login with user 2
Step 5. Remove my app
Step 6. Install again my app.
Step 7. Go to my App > Mark a Tweet XX as a favorite (remember in settings are the user 2) > I check in Twitter.com with user 2 and there isn’t reference to this Tweet XX in likes tab.
Step 8. I check in Twitter.com with user 1 and ‘voila’ the Tweet appear marked as a favorite.

Ok, I believe the issue may be due to how accounts are checked. Check out around the third paragraph here: https://docs.fabric.io/apple/twitter/log-in-with-twitter.html#log-in-with-twitter