A while back I set up a Summary twitter card for testing deep linking into an app. I tested everything on the validator and applied with the domain and had everything working. Since the app I was testing with was not on the market, I used the google play and iOS ids of another app to test. Everything worked initially. The twitter card appeared when the link was posted and if the app was installed I could follow the link into the app. That was about a month ago.
Recently, I went back to update our code to use the 1.1 api and discovered that our twitter cards no longer worked on iOS. None of the previous posts or any new posts showed the “Get App” or “Open in App” options at the bottom anymore. They now appeared as if the meta tags for the app on iphone and ipad were not even present. I checked the posts on an Android device and the “Get App” option appeared correctly still. I then checked my page on the card validator again and its still approved.
I’m not entirely sure what changed behind the scenes, but heres the page with my meta tags just in case its something wrong with how I’m implementing the card: http://launchpad.appflighter.com/TwitterCard.html