Invision Power Board Issue

Hello!

I am setting up my website using the Invision Power Board CMS software. At the moment I am not getting any help from their end so I figured I could try to see if you guys could figure out what is causing me so many issues.

1. IPB 4 has a login integration system that lets you copy and paste your API keys into it to make it work. I followed their “how-to” multiple times and have failed. I’ve tried changing everything, made sure I am using a callback URL, ect. No matter what I try I get the error “Twitter rejected the details provided. Please check the details you provided have been entered correctly and try again.”

2. Is there any way to integrate the Twitter Cards API into IPB? When setting up a Wordpress site it was very easy as all I had to do was download a simple plugin. This doesn’t seem to be as easy as I can’t find a plugin anywhere online. I was wondering if you guys had any easier way of integrating the meta tags apart from me going to each page individually and adding the code.

Thank you!

I’m sorry but I am not familiar with Invision’s solution, so this is tricky.

I’m not sure why you would ever need to share API keys with a third party CMS. You should (!) be able to integrate Tweets and timelines from publish.twitter.com if you need to include Tweets on your site.

Cards are enabled by HTML markup on your individual pages. In theory if you have access to the page header you can add the markup yourself. I don’t know the Invision system so I don’t know what access to meta tags it provides.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.