Inclusion of URLs in New Account causing issues?

Hello,

I am having this following issue and I am afraid it may have been related to my initial setup of WP-Twitter. During this setup, I was required to create an App here.

While the app functioned correctly, the following issue occurred:

Tweets that contain a URL link to my blog posts DO NOT SHOW UP in any hash tag topics I add to the tweet.

Tweets WITHOUT a URL link to my blog posts DO SHOW UP in hash tag topics I have added to the tweet.

*** It is the addition of a URL link to my blog that is causing this issue. ***

(All tweets do show up on my profile)

I deleted this app here and deactivated it in Wordpress. However, this core issue remains.

I am afraid that as a new Twitter user, activating this app and WP-Twitter may have had an impact on my account being able to include URL’s in tweets (and have them show up!) somehow.

Queries to the susal support channels have not resolved the issue - as I received mainly canned responses about not all tweets appear in search etc…

Mine do - unless I include a URL and this is not normal.

I beg - someone please help me out.

thanks

TWL

I now have exactly the same problem. I live and work in Italy. New website was launched 7 months ago - Twitter only just activated and started trying to use it yesterday to post tweets. Tried several simple hashtag tweets - all came up in subsequent search.

Then tried various test tweets with url.

1. Twitter automatic shortener did not appear - forced to use bitly.
  2. Tweets with various website url’s from our site not indexed.
  3. BUT - urls from UK based sites fully indexed.(these were just used for testing)
  4. Some US .com url’s worked and were indexed. since all deleted.
    5.This morning no url tweets indexed at all.
  5. Is there a problem that we have a website in Italy that is ‘set up’ in English?
  6. Have tried changing all settings to reflect Italy etc etc but still not working.

Anyone any suggestions? Any previous posters now had any joy?

Without url’s in some tweets - our Twitter account is useless.

Have now deleted all tweets until matter resolved.

Hi

Same issues as posters above ie. hashtag with URL link not posting in hashatag feed.
Similarly, tried various test tweets with changes of URL shortner and location of #descriptor position.

Also tried opening a new account. Still had the clash with the hash.

No advice from twitter support except for continual directing towards standard support pages - which are not relevant to the problem!

As the use of hashtag postings are part of the contribution towards the course I am taking this is really frustrating and makes a lot of the twitter experience useless.

Could someone from the developers/twitter team please investigate and advise.
All help heartily welcomed.

Hi

Same issues as posters above ie. hashtag with URL link not posting in hashatag feed.
Similarly, tried various test tweets with changes of URL shortner and location of #descriptor position.

Also tried opening a new account. Still had the clash with the hash.

No advice from twitter support except for continual directing towards standard support pages - which are not relevant to the problem!

As the use of hashtag postings are part of the contribution towards the course I am taking this is really frustrating and makes a lot of the twitter experience useless.

Could someone from the developers/twitter team please investigate and advise.
All help heartily welcomed.

i think i found a way to avoid the problems !
just insert an image to the post and it appear !
Twitter team : you should correct the bug because it will overload your services.
(worked with MetroTwit

If this work also for you, folow me :wink:
Thank you.

Thanks @antoinemussard that worked for me.
Please let me know if you find a way to make it automatic!