Impossible to update budget or bid of line items

Hello,

We try to edit budget or bid value on line items, but the value is not updated… Do you know why? Someone else has the same error?

Here one of our calls:

Input
{
“url”: “https://ads-api.twitter.com/0/accounts/18ce53yj8jp/line_items/2dztk”,
“method”: “PUT”,
“parameters”: {
"bid_amount_local_micro": 1100000
}
}
Output
{
“data_type”: “line_item”,
“data”: {
“placement_type”: “PROMOTED_TWEETS”,
“placements”: [],
"bid_amount_local_micro": 1200000,
“automatically_select_bid”: false,
“advertiser_domain”: null,
“primary_web_event_tag”: null,
“product_type”: “PROMOTED_TWEETS”,
“bid_unit”: “APP_INSTALL”,
“objective”: “APP_INSTALLS”,
“id”: “2dztk”,
“paused”: false,
“account_id”: “18ce53yj8jp”,
“optimization”: “DEFAULT”,
“categories”: [],
“currency”: “EUR”,
“created_at”: “2015-04-24T08:42:41Z”,
“updated_at”: “2015-04-24T08:42:45Z”,
“include_sentiment”: “POSITIVE_ONLY”,
“campaign_id”: “2do3m”,
“deleted”: false
},
“request”: {
“params”: {
“line_item_id”: “2dztk”,
“account_id”: “18ce53yj8jp”
}
}
}

Based on off-thread communication with @MakeMeReach, we’ve determined that the issue most likely lies with the twitter-api-php library.

In particular, @MakeMeReach is able to use twurl commands to successfully modify the bid, no other partners report general API difficulty, and we are unable to reproduce the problem.

We do not typically debug third-party libraries, but it looks like the problem may be some difference between our Public REST API and the Ads API, with twitter-api-php having been designed around the Public REST API.

I’m sure that @MakeMeReach would appreciate any assistance that others in the community may be able to render! What PHP libraries are you using? Have you run into any difficulties with twitter-api-php, and have you been able to overcome them with some kind of patch?

Hello!

I hightly recommend this library -> https://github.com/abraham/twitteroauth

It works very well. I think it need some update related to the methods. Library was designed for Public REST API, so it doesn’t include PUT method ( it has DELETE ) because I made the pull request.

You will need to update some constants but it works very well ^^

@MakeMeReach reports that updating to the latest twitter-api-php library fixed the issue for them.