I want to add a widget into my site that allows the user to log in from the widget on my site

login
user

I want to add a widget that will have the widget that twitter provides. However, I do’t want it to be just my timeline. I want the user to be able to log in inside of the widget and view their own timeline. Is there a way? I feel like there is already code/widget that enables this.

Use the screen_name property in the user object returned by account/verify_credentials to identify the user associated with the token.

Use the twttr.widgets.createTimeline JavaScript factory function to insert an embedded user timeline into an element on the page. You may also fetch HTML from our oEmbed-compatible API for enhancement by Twitter’s widgets JavaScript.

Thank you for your help! I have been searching all over.

is there any example code or widget already in use you can point me to? I’m still very new to this stuff, so I’m a bit confused.

An example use of our JavaScript factory function for an embedded user timeline:
https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines/user

I understand the embedded timeline. I am just having difficulty understanding how to have the log in function combined with it.

Like inserting the code (html, js, etc) into the project. I don’t know how to make the “Log In” button redirect to the User authentication and then returning the usser’s timeline.

I basically, need the “Log In” button to bring a pop up window of the OAuth and then when the user authorizes em to use their account it returns back to my SPA and shows their timeline.

This might be out of your priorities but if you can help me please do. If not I understand. I am very new to all of this and this is my first app I am just learning as I go. Thanks for your help so far Niall.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.