I have been trying to get an inactive username for three years. Please help me!

Hello,

My name is Everett Coleman. I am a professional gamer that operates under the alias “Small.” Unfortunately, the username @Small is inactive. I have been trying every way possible to obtain this username and have had absolutely no luck. This is something I have been working on for over three years. I am a sponsored gamer that works under contract using the alias Small. Much of my career is directly dependent on my activity on social networks. It is deeply upsetting that I am not able to use a name because it is forever lost on an inactive account. I have close to 8,000 followers (not great, but it’s a start) and I use Twitter constantly. It would mean the world to me if I were to be able to use this username.

Please give me some information on what it would take to make this happen. I know I speak for the entire Twitter community when I say that this is the most frustrating aspect of Twitter. We don’t care about all of the updates to the website, mobile apps, etc. All we really care about is getting a proper username and it seems as if Twitter is making that goal the most difficult.

I would be more than appreciative of any promising response you can give me rather than just leaving me to feel like Twitter truly doesn’t care about the most common requests from its users.

Thanks.
Everett