How to use a text-only card via Fabric for Unity

ios
android
fabric
unity

Is it possible to use a text-only app card when tweeting with Fabric SDK from inside a Unity application.

I can’t find much documentation outside of this small piece of code on the fabric documentation site:

Card card = new AppCardBuilder()
.ImageUri (imageUri)
.GooglePlayId (“com.example.app.android”)
.IPhoneId (“123456789”)
.IPadId (“123456789”);

Twitter.Compose (session, card);

I’d like to be able to do this without using an ImageUri, but when I try to do this I get an exception caused by a null pointer imageUri when running the application.

We don’t intend to use a uniquely generated image for the app card. This seems possible when using the iOS or Android SDK’s directly, but is it possible to do this from the Unity SDK?

Thanks

I’m also curious to hear the response to this. In my case I want to post some text and an image, but the cards api for unity only allows images and hashtags. I’m surprised the TWTRComposer class is not available in Unity where you could just addText or addImage. Why does the cards api not allow text to be provided, or why is there no way to just provide only text, only image, or both.

I’m not sure if this is any use to you, OrbitalNine, but what we ended up doing was foregoing App Cards altogether and just posting to twitter by using “http://twitter.com/intent/tweet” with parameters and posting it by launching the URL instead of using the tweet composer.