How to specify exclude keywords list for Reach Estimate

Hi,

I am trying to access reach estimate of the campaigns. I am using Postman to access the endpoints. I need help with specifying the Exclude keywords when calling the reach estimate endpoint.

Following is the endpoint I am calling:

https://ads-api.twitter.com/4/accounts/xxxxxx/reach_estimate?campaign_daily_budget_amount_local_micro=692000000&currency=SEK&objective=TWEET_ENGAGEMENTS&product_type=PROMOTED_TWEETS&age_buckets=AGE_OVER_35&bid_type=AUTO&interests=25008&locations=6416b8512febefc9&phrase_keywords=in-patient,patient care

I need to specify “accounting” as an exclude keyword. I know there is operator_type NE and EQ which can be used but I don’t know how to use it.

Anyone here can help with this problem?

My second question is about Is reach estimate same as the “Potential Audience” on the targeting tab in the Ads Manager. I have been trying to match Reach Estimate and Potential Audience and they do not match. Are these calculating same audience size. Enclosing screen shots of the two for clarification.

Thanks
Lubaina

@lubaina,

Please see the following:

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/ads/campaign-management/api-reference/targeting-criteria.html#post-accounts-account-id-targeting-criteria

Possible keyword-based values include: BROAD_KEYWORD , EXACT_KEYWORD , NEGATIVE_EXACT_KEYWORD , NEGATIVE_PHRASE_KEYWORD , NEGATIVE_UNORDERED_KEYWORD , PHRASE_KEYWORD , UNORDERED_KEYWORD

You can use either NEGATIVE_EXACT_KEYWORD , NEGATIVE_PHRASE_KEYWORD or NEGATIVE_UNORDERED_KEYWORD as a targeting_type.

@jrsyo Thanks for the reply. When I add “negative_phrase_keyword” it does not appear in the response as rest of the inputs. Also the count is unaffected if I remove the “negative_phrase_keywords”.

Here is the screens of the reach estimate request and response.

Also could you answer my second question?
I want to know Is reach estimate same as the “Potential Audience” on the targeting tab in the Ads Manager. Is reach estimate fetching Potential Audience?

I have been trying to match Reach Estimate and Potential Audience and they do not match. Are these calculating same audience size. Enclosed are screen shots of the two for clarification.

@jrsyo I read on this link that “Negated Keywords are not accepted” https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/ads/campaign-management/api-reference/reach-estimate.html

Does it mean that it is not possible to specify the negative keywords in the reach_estimate endpoint.
Also I believe the difference in the audience size between the API fetched data and Ad Manager data is because Negative Keywords do not get included in the targeting specs.

Can you please elaborate on this? Is there a work around for this?

@lubaina

Hmm, then I don’t think there’s a workaround for this. Let me check on our side, just in case.
Thank you for your patience.

Best,
Shohei

@jrsyo thanks for your reply. Please also check the reason for the difference in audience size. It is very important for us to fetch the right audience size and if negated keywords are not accepted its going to be a problem for us.

Looking forward to your response.
Best,
Lubaina