I’m totally new to Twitter and Twitter API, but I’ve some idea about tweets, timelines etc. Can somebody guide me how to retrieve tweets from a public profile? Let’s say, here is the link for Google’s twitter page: https://twitter.com/google. What are the ways to retrieve tweets by using REST API or is there a simple way to do the same? Does any authentication needed for doing the same? I’m extremely sorry if any words which I used here doesn’t make sense/not explaining you what I’m looking for, please correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks in advance.
How to retrieve tweets from a public profile/timeline like Google's Profile: https://twitter.com/google
You’ll need to use this API method, the user timeline: [node:9537]
You’ll need to register an application on this site: dev.twitter.com/apps
And you’ll need to use OAuth 1.0A authentication to request the timeline.
Thank you so much for your reply. After exploring through the API documentation, i got some knowledge now. Just wanted to know,
- are these tokens are enough to authenticate: Consumer key, Consumer secret, Access token and Access token secret?
- Can you please share the authentication header format for the same?
- Also Access token and Access secret are for my app which i’ve registered in dev.twitter.com/apps. will it expire after some time?
- Will “GET statuses/user_timeline” return the retweets of the target user/profile ?
- Seems in API 1.0, these public timelines are available without authentication, but not if use API 1.1. Am i right ?
- Is there any rate limit which i need to consider in this scenario ?
Looking forward for your help. Thanks again.
Did you manage to work this? If YES then could you provide the solutions for your posted questions.