How to get the content (text and image) of a tweet from a TWTRTimelineViewController

objective-c

Good afternoon,

I have an app that asks the user to log in with twitter. Then, I can successfully load the user’s timeline. This timeline loads in a NavigationController which has the interface TWTRTimelineViewController. Now, I would like that when one user holds his finger on a tweet, or just click on one tweet, rather than opening Safari to display it, it pops up a button where I’ll be able to work on the tweet after clicking. I will need to get access to the text and the image of the tweet. From my understanding, I will need to delegate all the tweets to some kind of TWTRTweetView controller to work on them but I’m not so sure how, since I’m completely new to this. I did try to read the doc but couldn’t really get it. I’m also not sure how I’m supposed to access the tweet’s properties. Here’s my actual code of the controller that display the timeline:

#import "TwitterTimelineViewController.h"
#import <TwitterKit/TwitterKit.h>
#import "AppDelegate.h"

@interface TwitterTimelineViewController ()
@property (strong, nonatomic) IBOutlet UITableView *TwitterTableView;
@end

@implementation TwitterTimelineViewController

TWTRUserTimelineDataSource *userTimelineDataSource;

- (void)viewDidLoad {
    [super viewDidLoad];

AppDelegate *delegate=(AppDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate];

[[Twitter sharedInstance] startWithConsumerKey:@"myConsumerKey" consumerSecret:@"myConsumerSecretKey"];

TWTRAPIClient *APIClient = [[TWTRAPIClient alloc] init];
    userTimelineDataSource = [[TWTRUserTimelineDataSource alloc] initWithScreenName:delegate.twitterUsername APIClient:APIClient];
    self.dataSource = userTimelineDataSource;
}

- (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)app openURL:(NSURL *)url options:(NSDictionary<NSString *,id> *)options {
    return [[Twitter sharedInstance] application:app openURL:url options:options];
}

- (void)didReceiveMemoryWarning {
    [super didReceiveMemoryWarning];
    // Dispose of any resources that can be recreated.
}

@end

Any help would be awesome!

Cheers, Theo.