REST API v1
how to get my api key ...please step by step showing........
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new and log in, if necessary
- Supply the necessary required fields, accept the TOS, and solve the CAPTCHA.
- Submit the form
- Copy the consumer key (API key) and consumer secret from the screen into your application
If you also need the access token representing your own account's relationship with the application:
- Ensure that your application is configured correctly with the permission level you need (read-only, read-write, read-write-with-direct messages).
- On the application's detail page, invoke the "Your access token" feature to automatically negotiate the access token at the permission level you need.
- Copy the indicated access token and access token secret from the screen into your application
Be sure and configure your application as needed before attempting the "your access token" step.
I am working with an app that asks for three items: the consumer key, the consumer secret, and the API key. So. Where is this mythical API key to which you refer?
@vh7dragons I'm curious what the app is. Twitter OAuth is based on four tokens generally referred to as consumer key and consumer secret for the application and access token and access token secret for the user. The term API key sounds like a third party(twitpic, yfrog, etc.) key. These sites use OAuth echo to authenticate the user. OAuth echo passes user authentication off to twitter, so basically it is a three key system, with a user that has been authenticated by twitter.
Very often the names of the different tokens are used interchangeably or otherwise misused. Really the only way to help you sort out what the app is asking for is to know what the app is.
I wonder how to get the API key too. Is this new app that no longer generates the API key?
Here is the name of the app: social easy share.
I am looking for an API key related to an app that I have already created. Where might I find it? Cheers!
Check https://dev.twitter.com/apps - the app should be listed there. Clicking through will reveal all of the OAuth details for the application.
how to get my consumer_key.
Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps and click on your application's name (or create a new one if you don't see any) - the key is listed on the following page.
How to create a simple app? I am totally new to this concept. I would also like to know the api key, access tokens and oauth.
I'm not trying to be spammy but I think this open source project could help (http://flurr.codeplex.com/) - it has a documentation that may be useful to you.
i am getting this error
Response body is incorrect. Can't extract a token from this: '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
to get twitter photo api key
How can i get the twit_pic_api ??
how do i get my api's link
kindly help me intergating twitter oath in my web site ( PHP MYSQL platform)
im going to use this library. can you please tell me what is the apikey the tutorial is talking about?
next page →