How to get feedback from Tweet Button

Hi!

(First of all, i don’t know if I’m posting this in the right category, just move it if necessary.)

Ok, so here’s the problem: I’m doing a contest, and by sharing on Twitter, the contestant can get more chances to win. Therefore, I’m adding a Tweet Button to my page, but i want to know: Is there anyway to know if the user really shared the link on Twitter?

I know I can put and event on my custom Tweet Button, but I won’t be sure that the user actually shared the link on Twitter and just didn’t close the popup.

Does anyone have some kind of solution?

Thanks in advance!

You might want to consider using the Streaming API to monitor public tweets issued with the specific URL – then log the @usernames that are sharing the URL and consider those entries.

With the Tweet Button’s javascript event tracking, you can only track the fact that a tweet was issued but any personally identifying information tied to the event is removed (including the specific tweet ID or tweet text).

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunatly, even if I monitor the tweets with the Streaming API, I won’t be able to know for sure if the current contestant tweeted my URL since I won’t be knowing its username.

I guess I’ll have to hope that they do share my link :wink:

Again, thanks for the quick reply.