How to get email from twitter user using OAuthTokens

How have developers solved the problem of someone creating an account through normal sign in procedures (not through OAuth) and then that same individual signing in with Facebook (and the Facebook account is using a different e-mail address from the e-mail address they originally signed up the account with) Wouldn’t that then create duplicate accounts creating the same problem with the Twitter OAuth API?

Like many others we require email as it’s the only common notification system across oAuth providers.

Please could we get an extended permission to return an email address like all of the other providers do (Facebook, Live, Yahoo)?

We’re going to have to go out of our way to code an additional page and bother the user to type in their email on Twitter auth otherwise. This will put our Twitter integration back a little (and probably lower conversion rates when authorising with Twitter).

Many thanks,
Tom Gallagher

It is not a problem with those trying to hack, but a problem with the service providers and others who claim they have made it and are yet stealing from the down trodden. Let’s leverage the internet world to make it a clean place to do business. The world is losing out just because of the greed of a few in the advanced countries. The social media is an individual issue and therefore any attempt to try to monopolise anything will trigger off;.

1 day wasted integrating Twitter just to find out I have to ask the Twitter user to verify a twitter verified email adress! EPIC FAIL! :double_facepalm:

I believe that adding one more application permission that grants access to the user’s e-mail, can only simplify the life to developers and companies that wish to integrate their applications with Twitter.

During the sign-in with Twitter, If the end-user grants the access to its email address, then the process concludes successfully, else the third party application simply notifies the end-user that it has to grant access to its email for the process to conclude successfully.

Many applications require an email address to deliver important information to their users. If after signing with Twitter, they’ll have yet to ask the user for a valid e-mail address which will have in turn to be someway confirmed, it becomes a mess! So, for such applications, the sign-in with Twitter, does not provide any advantage if compared to a classic registration.

Honestly, I don’t see any reason why the end-user shouldn’t be able to chose whether to share its email or not :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Francesco Pipita

I was about to integrate Twitter with my brand new app. Now that I see I cannot gather user email, I will left Twitter aside. I’ll focus on FB and G+

Have to agree with everybody here… pity that Twitter doesn’t provide a way to give our applications users email using “extended” permissions …
Have also to review my own development in order to use only “sign in with” process that give me “verified” emails…

regards…

Very silly of Twitter to not provide an email address via the auth api. Every other provider does so. We will just remove twitter from the available options on our site. Shame!

how to get email from twitter user using OAuthTokens please replay me as soon as possible

You cannot. Twitter does not allow you to get a user’s email address.

o.O @twitter. I just wrote a big comment but erased it. Shaking my head thinking…Rookies. I would have thought after 3 years they would have implemented this.

how to fetch user email address when the user is log in from twitter api using oauth token…if any answer please reply me…If there is another way to get email address please reply me…as soon as possible…

Uhm… ok, so 2 hours to integrate twitter connect to my site and i see that no email is returned. Time to change the button art to Google connect and point the oauth to that service… Nice one @twitter, ok, you said that twitter is not that “personal” but then do not provide a sign in with twitter service, call it like -connect to twitter only- service.

My goodness. How can the twitter API not allow the retrival of the emails? Is it sth hard for the Twitter Dev team to do?
I really wanted to use the email on my app coz i need to send a verification email to the person so that he/she can activate his/her account but it seems il forego the use of Twitter Oauth and stick with Google, Facebook, Yahoo and Windows Live.

Faraway Chinese also need email from twitter

Damn you twitter. You are ruining my plans.

How do I get email from Twitter api? I need as fast as possible to finish a project.

Twitter folks- We’re in the same boat as everyone else. We need the email address (w/ user permission, of course) to ensure unique accounts/logins, and also to complete the value-prop of the social login, which is to save our users the hassle of entering and verifying their email address yet again.

Please consider our pleas out here. :slight_smile:

Best,
Elliott

My case today. A complete evening wasted trying to develop a twitter login form for my forum. F it Twitter, you were already on the edge of evolution, I’ll use Facebook and Google only from now on.

Another vote here to include emails, and like others I’m not including “Sign up/in with Twitter” because of this.