How to ensure continued elevated POST access after September 10th

standard

We recently announced that we are making changes to increase accountability on our developer platform and reduce the distribution of spam through our APIs. On September 10th, we will enforce new default app-level rate limits for common POST endpoints:

• Tweets & Retweets (combined): 300 per 3 hours
  • Follows: 1000 per 24 hours
  • Direct Messages: 15,000 per 24 hours

If you are currently using our POST endpoints at high levels, you should have received an email notification from us. Please make sure that:

1. You have applied for a developer accountstart your application if you haven’t.
  2. You complete a request for elevated POST access with the steps below.

Request for elevated POST access

For each app that needs elevated POST access:

1. Make sure how the app is used is described in the app details. You can see and edit that field from the Apps page.
  2. Submit an elevation request on our API Policy Support Form
  • Select ‘I would like to apply for elevated POST limits.’
  • Submit the app details and a short description of your use case

We will review your elevation request. We may need to request additional information, so please monitor the email address associated with your account. We will notify you when your app has elevated POST access.

We recognize that these required steps are inconvenient. Due to the wide array of developers and apps that use our standard APIs to post content to Twitter, we are adopting processes to ensure more accountability across developers that post content. We appreciate your part in helping us prevent spam on our platform.

Regards,

The Twitter Developer team

How do we request elevated access to Twitter APIs?
How do I apply to elevate POST rate limits for my app?
"I would like to apply for elevated POST limits" option not available in the form
Getting 420 sending direct messages
Developer approval, team members, and existing apps

We are extending this enforcement date to October 22nd to allow more time for developers using these endpoints above the new limits to request continued elevated access.

You can read more about this in our updated announcement post.