How to define a hashtag?

rest
java

Hello, my name is Andrew, I’m a java developer and I got a test task from one company, I need to write an application using the Java Spring Boot and Twitter API, I’m little acquainted with Twitter API and I want to get advice and recommendations on implementing the architecture and how to solve the problem best way. I need to write an application with the requirements:
"
The application should be built with Java 8 and Spring Boot. You will need to integrate the Twitter API and fetch the necessary information from the API. Display output via a web page.

Example output could be the following:
Hashtag: #X
07/20/2012 (13: 00-14: 00) = 5
07/20/2017 (14: 00-15: 00) = 12

07/21/2017 (12: 00-13: 00) = 8
"
For example how to define a hashtag?
Thank you for your attention, I will be glad to all the recommendations and advice.

A hashtag is simply a string of characters prefixed with # - there’s no need to independently “define” the hashtag on Twitter, simply post your #term in a Tweet and it will be linked to a search for that term on Twitter.

Thanks for your reply, I would like to know how many people used hashtag X in their messages, distributed by each hour during the last 24 hours, Tell me please how to implement it correctly?

You’d need to listen for references (which would be incomplete) on the streaming api based on the hashtag as a filter and figure that out for yourself.

Hello, thanks for the reply, I get tweets and hashtags using Spring Boot and streaming api, but I also still have a problem how to filter the streaming api in time? I got acquainted with the documentation of the streaming api there well described the filter on geolocation and more but how to filter by time for example 07/20/2017(13: 00-14: 00) ?

The streaming API is real-time and continuous and if you’re trying to use it to receive data from the past you’ve misunderstood the purpose.

The Search (REST) API enables you to search back up to 7 days.

For any higher fidelity of data you need to purchase access to the commercial Gnip data APIs.

Now I understand, thanks