we are experiencing a strange problem.
We have a streaming API connection tracking all people engaged by a conversational advertise running. We store all these tweets with the author screen_name into our database.
Later on, a team select them and send back a tweet to these peoples. The tweet start with @screen_name because our aim is to send a tweet as reply.
But we have the following problem:
- suppose a user with screen_name as @mycool_name tweet using the conversational advertise now
- streaming API notify about the tweet by @mycool_name and we store that information into our database
- some hours later the person change the screen_name from @mycool_name to @anotherfunny_name
- in our database the record is still with @mycool_name
- a day later, from our dashboard we want to send a tweet to that person and from our database we create a tweet starting with @mycool_name that it’s wrong and not recognised by Twitter as reply and it pollute our timeline instead of act as a reply.
How can I solve this ?