How to associate a card to a tweets

creative
cards

I have a created website card and I want to associate the card with a promoted tweet. I don’t know how to associate them. I read POST accounts/:account_id/tweet and POST accounts/:account_id/cards/website. I’m not sure if cards are associated to tweets with media_id, which I think will be weird…

Actually my final goal is to associate cards to campaigns. I followed other’s advice to associate cards to tweets, then associate tweets to promoted tweets, and then associate promoted tweets to line items and finally link line items to campaigns.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Thanks a lot~

Hey @qdeveloper, this is what you need to do to associate a tweet with a card.

1. First, find the preview_url of the website card you created. It should look like this: https://cards.twitter.com/cards/abc1/g9z
  2. When you create a tweet, you need to append this preview_url from step one into the status field of your tweet. Now create the tweet.
  3. Then you take your newly created tweet and create a promoted_tweet with your line_item (that is part of a WEBSITE_CLICKS campaign)

And that’s how you associate your card to a tweet (and in essence also associating it to your line_item and campaign). Hope that helps.

WebsiteCard not showing up in Tweet

Thank you for your reply. You mean pass the preview_url as the status parameter when I make a post tweet request? Do I get your point?

Thanks again :smile:

@msbukkuri Thank you for your reply. You mean pass the preview_url as the status parameter when I make a post tweet request? Do I get your point?

Thanks again smile

@qdeveloper

What you need to do is, the status parameter should contain the text and the card preview_url:
Example: “This is my tweet http://cards.twitter.com …”

How a card is related to campaign?

@msbukkuri I understand now. Very helpful~~ Thanks

This should be documented somewhere in the Ads API docs.

We do note how to use the preview_url in the Ads API docs:

Creative

All Twitter-hosted cards return a preview_url. Include this URL in a Tweet that is promoted in order to utilize one of these cards.

However, there’s a little bit of assumed knowledge here. Before using promotable cards, you should make yourself familiar with how cards in general on Twitter work.

Our system recognizes when URLs are included in a tweet, and crawls your site to fetch the Card type and content. To learn more about how our Card system works, read our Getting Started Guide.

Promotable Cards work in a similar fashion in that once they’re setup, you simply include the URL for the Card in your Tweet and Twitter’s crawler will handle the rest.

Hi, thanks for your answer. It is located on the Mobile App Promotion in docs, and that why I didn’t see it.
If this is related to all card creations, then it should be on some other place in the docs.

Perfect, its time saver for newcomers.