How Often does Twitter Re-scrape URLs?

Description of issue:
When sharing a highlight from Hudl.com, an outdated version of the highlight is produced in the feedcard.

Repro Steps:

1. Create a highlight on Hudl and name it “Test”
  2. Share that highlight to Twitter
  3. Go back to Hudl.com and edit the highlight you just created, changing the name to “Test 2”
  4. Share the highlight on Twitter and observe that it maintains the old name, “Test”

I am under the impression that this is due to the fact that you do not re-scrape URLs. How often do you re-scrape URLs?

URL affected (must be public):
Here is an example: I first named the highlight “Test Game”, then shared to Twitter. I edited the name to “Test Game 2” and shared to Twitter again, but the feed card still produces the title “Test Game”. https://twitter.com/lea_sheets

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]:

From the cards troubleshooting documentation:

Once you’ve been whitelisted for your domain, our web crawlers re-index the meta information on your tag roughly every week.

Would that be approximately one week from the time the item was shared, or do the web crawlers re-index at a particular time during the week?

I’m unable to confirm which of those is the case. You should probably assume it is around 7 days from the time the link was validated or shared.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.