How do I pull in the user data like on the site Mombo.com?

There is a site called Mombo.com and in the top right hand corner it allows you to search for any Twitter user by keyword. It then shows you a set of results. Then once you select a user it shows you their profile picture, their name, twitter handle and location and description. It never asks for any authentication nor authorisation of any sort, so my question is, does anybody know how they do that?

For example if you search for “TheDappy” in the search box and then from the results page select the 1 result, it will now go to the search results page and show the information I mentioned above, in this case:

“Profile picture of Costas” Costas @TheDappy
I am a musician."

It is also able to crawl twitter and gather the user and his friends tweets without authorisation or authentication.

Could anyone please help me with the above 2 issues?

I look forward to discussing this.

Thanks

Hey Asantha,

They are probably using the [node:65] method to do the search, and they don’t need to get any authorization from the User’s account they retrieve & display this way.

Hey Arnaud,

Thanks for your reply. Can you use any “GET” endpoint without authorization? I thought that GET users/search needed authorization?

Also that endpoint seems to have a rate limit applicable, whereas on Mombo.com you can search above the rate limit. Is there anyway around that too?

Hi,

Does anybody know how to do this please?

Please let me know, its really urgent.

Thanks

One way to accomplish this is to use your own authenticated account to perform the searches. I’m not sure how that site does it today.

We strongly encourage that your require authentication so that you can grow organically with your user base.

Do you think they are using their own authenticated account and applying that to all the users who come to the site?

Do you have any inclination as to how they might be doing that?

After authentication (i.e. login by the user- right?) then they will have access to all twitter users like on Mombo right?

Dear twitter i have complaint abuse behavior dont know where to turn to im give u all names now i dont know where to report m protecking fans were not involv and players im a ny Giants fan happened tqo months. Here are the names u can reach me on this page where email is i apptiviate please get back yo me this is serious dont know how fill ticket out. I hope they emberrasewhat the put me tthrough here are names that offensive to me life threating @Bomb_chellz a@
@Natalie@ChristanaNY @KrisseyTheYankee@TheDiane16@MagicStarzzz@Jamie210@Jenifer42@NyDanI927@xtRagularRyan@MsEastcostB@MissJacklynRoss@Jenifer42@1969jerseygirl@LLtyson@Jrard180@Jamie210@JennaD13NikkiDamethews @dawnisoldi@OoChayHoodxoo,@Bomb_CheLLz thanks some were trying be me and some life threating to get back soon as can thank u for support.

@NyDianI927@Larious@xtRagularRyan@MsEastB@NatalieL22@ChristanaNY@KrisseyTheYankkee@TheDiane16@MagicStarzzz@Jamie210@Jenifer42@NicoleeNYG@1969@Jerseygirl@XtRagulaRyan again thease names were pertending be me and some life threating obove i gave u protecting othets who noy involve if names not spelled right u can find on my othet followers page they tap in gacebook and yher accounts u can find me on email on my twitter thank u i dont know where to turn thax please verify my account i was protectecting other fans and players they dont know

Again only protecting my true friends and players with those names iy was horrible 3 months u can look on time line see what yhey were saying i dont know where turn to thax twitter i like ywitter but dont like be abuse