How do I open my Twitter Profile page on Twitter from within another IOS app using the twitter:// URL handler

As per the title, I want to open the Twitter app on an iPhone from a “Contact Us” button inside my Application.

The IOS openURL handler of “twitter://” opens the Twitter application fine but I cannot find what format the URL needs to be in to get to my profile page.
I’ve tried a few variations on …

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@“twitter://www.twitter.com/MyTwitterID”]];

I found one similar for Tweetbot that works fine …

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@“tweetbot:///user_profile/MyTwitterID”]];

Can someone please tell me the URL Format for the standard IOS Twitter App?? I know I could implement the full API but it want it to be light touch, and I don’t need to know their Twitter ID etc. I just want it to pop their default Twitter app and show my Profile Page so they can follow / tweet me if they want to.

Cheers
Plasma

Took me a while but here is the code for Twitter at least …

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"twitter://user?screen_name=MyTwitterID"]];

Shame it doesn’t seem to be officially documented anywhere. I’m still working on a similar URL for Facebook using fb://xxxxxx !!

Plasma

Hi does that URL Scheme still works for you? I’m trying to launch Twitter but with not success. I’m in iOS9 and already added the LSApplicationQueriesSchemes entry in plist file.

We don’t document the URL schemes for our mobile apps at this time, so although there are some unofficial sources out there that describe them, we unfortunately are not able to support this or guarantee that these links will work at the moment.

Then, How do we open twitter app from another app. to the profile page of a user using user id

Moved to the correct location.

At this point, we’d recommend using Apple’s universal links system, that way you have integrated fallback and respects user preferences. iOS 10 APIs even allow you to call openURL only for a universal link, allowing you to control the fallback behavior you want.

To open a user profile with a user ID rather than a screen name, use the web intent endpoint: https://twitter.com/intent/user?user_id=12247.

Ben