How do I apply to elevate POST rate limits for my app?

I saw that the limit for Twitter apps will be something like 300 requests per day unless your app is approved to go beyond that limit. Where can I submit my app for this sort of approval?

Hello @mark51545244,

Our team is actively working on a pathway to elevate the rate limits for our POST endpoints. We will let you know when this is ready.

Hi @LeBraat. Can you also let me know when the pathway to elevate the rate limits for our POST endpoints is available and/or let me know where I should look for this information?
Cheers
Jeff

Has the pathway for requesting elevated rate limits been made available yet? We’ll also be needing to request elevated POST rate limits for our Tweetlogix app. Thanks for your help.

We will be posting more details on this over the next couple of days. I will post it to this thread at that point in time.

Sorry for the delay. Here are additional details:

Hi, we are trying to apply for elevated API limits, but the form does not show the proper option, ‘I would like to apply for elevated POST limits.’ Instead, I pasted that sentence into the text box for the final option of that form, ‘I have an API policy question not covered by these points.’

Today, I received an email from Twitter Support, stating that ‘This helpdesk is for policy inquiries from developers building on the Twitter Platform. For all other requests, including those regarding account suspensions, harassment, and general support, please refile your request via the appropriate form here.’

Please advise. We want to apply for elevated API limits, but the proper channel as indicated by you is not there.

Thanks,

Marco

We have invited developers to apply for elevated POST rate limits whom we know will be affected or have been historically close to the new limits so that we can prioritize getting them elevated access and avoid interruption to their use of Twitter APIs. The ‘I would like to apply for elevated POST limits.’ request option is currently only visible to those developers — this missing piece of information was an oversight in our recent instructions for requesting elevated POST access.

If you believe you will need elevated limits but do not see that option, please use ‘I have an API policy question not covered by these points’, and explain your use case and expected volume of POST requests. Thank you for your patience. We’re taking this as feedback and working to simplify our requests our developer community.

Seems we have to resort to ‘API policy question not covered’ path… however the fields on that page cannot be edited - the form won’t show a keyboard when its fields are tapped.

Turned out your form wouldn’t work when accessed from mobile devices (doh). Using desktop Chrome/macOS worked. I sent an email through the form explaining our app use case.

This is good to know. I will make sure that our team is aware of the mobile situation.

We just announced that we are going to be extending the enforcement date to October 22nd.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.