How can I create a Google Spreadsheet that auto-archives certain tweets (e.g. #hashtagfoo; user:JohnFoo; "foo phrase"), where each search term has its own tab?

Hello, I’d like to create a Google Spreadsheet/workbook with multiple tabs (er, I guess it’s technically called “Sheet”) that automatically archive (from this time and going forward in the future) certain tweets.

For example, Sheet 1 will auto-archive all tweets that have #hashtagfoo. Sheet 2 will auto-archive all tweets from user:JohnSmithFoo. Sheet 3 will auto-archive all tweets that contain the phrase"foo gardening".

How can I do so?

Please note that it is important that all of these multiple archives be multiple “tabs” in one Google Spreadsheet/workbook. It must not be each archive being its own Google Spreadsheet/workbook.

The columns in each row will contain the following:
Column 1: Twitter user’s username (e.g. @someonefoo)
Column 2: Text of tweet
Column 3: Timestamp of tweet
Column 4: Direct hyperlink to tweet

TAGS https://tags.hawksey.info/ might be what you’re looking for.

Igor,
Thanks, but before you posted, I’ve looked at TAGS. It doesn’t do what I want.

In my OP, I wrote,

Please note that it is important that all of these multiple archives be
multiple “tabs” in one Google Spreadsheet/workbook. It must not be each
archive being its own Google Spreadsheet/workbook.

This is because TAGS and other similar services could auto-archive certain tweets, but they can’t do so in one worksheet. They create a new worksheet for each archive. So I posted in the TAGS forum to ask about this: https://tags.hawksey.info/forums/topic/i-want-each-search-e-g-fromabc-to-have-its-own-tab-how/#post-832. They said it’s too much work.

P.S. I’ve also used IFTTT’s twitter-to-GoogleSheet recipes but they have the same problem as TAGS.

In that case I’d suggest either relaxing your requirements, or custom coding a solution using eg one of the node or Ruby solutions out there for accessing Google Sheets.

[quote=“andypiper, post:4, topic:77172, full:true”]
In that case I’d suggest either relaxing your requirements,[/quote]
I would if there’s no other way. The TAGS developer himself said there’s a way with his open-source code. But I don’t know how to do it.

I’d be okay with relaxing my requirement (in other words, being okay with each search term having its own workbook/spreadsheet) if only I could hide these spreadsheets from the Recents view in Google Drive. This is the sole reason I want to clump multilple twitter archives in one workbook: To avoid clogging the Recents view.

Easy answer? Use IFTTT recipe to search tweets and add to a google sheet. I’m really not sure if that will fix everything, and you may need to create multiple IFTTT recipes, but it’s worth a look

Paul,
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, IFTTT is what I have been using and am wanting to switch away from.