How can I change the width of my twitter widget as it is too wide for my website?

How can I change the width of my twitter widget as it is too wide for my website? It appears that previous versions of twitter allowed the user to alter the width and height of a twitter feed, but I do not seem to have this option?

Which widget are you referring to?

Tweets by @richiepwnz

I created a widget under the settings tab - it does not offer different types of widgets under widget configurator - it allows you to change the height but not the width of the widget. I copied and pastes the html code to my elearning site and it work but the widget is too wide!

put this into the stylesheet css

#twitter-widget-0 {
width: 240px; //input the value of width u desire
}

Hi, I’m having the same problem but mine is too narrow, I have tried putting the CSS code in but it hasnt changed at all. The source code I was given to create the widget is
@HoltPhotography 's Twitter feed

Try this: https://www.geekgoddess.com/change-twitter-widget-to-wider-than-520px

You can set it to 100% if you’d like. That’s what I did.

Thanks @thegeekgoddess, that did it! The pertinent css is a little wacky; this is the first time I’ve used wildcards for something:

iframe[id^=‘twitter-widget-’]{ width:240px;}

NOT WORKING ON MY SITE:

Hi @informedlife -
That’s a superseded technique, you’ll have to use the new twitter timeline as in the previous examples. Twitter stopped supporting the old techniques a few months ago.

Thanks! I inserted the style in the html source and it works!

If you’re a Wordpress user, there’s a plug-in that does it: