Hosting advice

Hi Im looking for hosting advice.

Now Im working with OAUTH and the tmhOAUTH libary plus certificate but I have free php hosting which doesnt allow me to upload private SSL certificates.

So I’m looking for a good hosting company, I guess more people use this library maybe you can recommend a good provider. Of course I can figure it out online myself, but I would like to know what other people think is good.

Succes depends of a good hosting provider, so speed and other facilities also count.

This sounds more like a general question, not very oauth related so you might want to change the category to Developer Teatime.

Are you talking about the cacert.pem file? If so it doesn’t matter if the provider allows private SSL certificates as cacert.pem is just a public key to verify that Twitter’s SSL certificate is valid. As long as cURL can read the contents cacert.pem you should be good to go.

I seem to have curl so that shouldnt be the problem.

I followed the steps from the PDF @ 140dev http://140dev.com/download/single-user-oauth.pdf
but the script does not work for me.

What are the minimum requirements for the server installation then?

tmhOAUTH lists it’s dependencies. How do you know it’s a problem with the host and you’re not doing something wrong? You don’t provide enough info about what you are attempting to do, what is actually happening, and what errors you are getting.

This is the script I have been using

<?php

// Load the app's keys into memory

require 'app_tokens.php';

// Load the tmhOAuth library

require 'tmhOAuth.php';

// Create an OAuth connection to the Twitter API

$connection = new tmhOAuth(array(
                         'consumer_key' => $consumer_key,
                          'consumer_secret' => $consumer_secret,
                         'user_token' => $user_token,
                                   'user_secret' => $user_secret
));

// Send a tweet

$code = $connection->request('POST',

$connection->url('1.1/statuses/update'),

array('status' => 'Hello Twitter'));

// A response code of 200 is a success

if ($code == 200) {
print "Tweet sent";
} else {
print "Error: $code";
}
?>

I have uploaded the token php file and the library in the same directory

The browser output is:

Error: 0

The second paragraph of A note about security and SSL includes several steps for debugging error code 0.

Hint: Please indent code with 4 spaces so it is formatted nicely here in the forum.

Im sorry abraham that link is dead.

Fixed.

ok thanks very much Abraham, its pretty good possible this could be the cause.
Tough im not famliair with all the code (yet).

What does it mean? Is it code of a zend framework class?

How should this be used in a script?

I also would like to ask some things in general regarding PHP and creating social media apps.

Where or what should I read and understand when going to practice social media programming using PHP? What programming knowledge is a must?

what i did is i copypasted the tokens and the entire library into the mainscript so the location wouldnt be a problem.

But still errorcode 0.

My fear is still that the system environment is not meeting the requirements, its a free account, but I contacted the Customer Assistance hoping they can clear up a couple of things about the settings.