Hello & thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
I have a wordpress website page that has a twitter timeline of the last 5 posts in the sidebar.
In that sidebar with the 5 latest tweets, the timeline of tweets is often missing tweets. It appears that every so often it will update with a tweet, but miss several that took place before it.
In troubleshooting, I have:
- Checked to see if the twitter account is working correctly (yes)
- Removed any site caching from a development environment to test against caching (same problem there with no caching in place)
- Tried a different Wordpress plugin to see if it was a coding issue (same result)
- Looked into something called “rate limit status” but I can’t say I really understood that.
- Additionally, in the footer of every page in the site, a single tweet from the same twitter account is displayed. I tried removing that. (didn’t help)
There have been others that have been reporting similar problems: