Help scheduling a tweet with twurl

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to schedule a tweet with twurl. I tried this
twurl -H ‘ads-api.twitter.com’ -X POST “/2/accounts/:account_id/scheduled_tweets” -d ‘scheduled_at=2018-03-28T20:01:00Z&text=got it scheduled!’

based on https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/ads/creatives/guides/scheduled-tweets-guide. But, I got this error.

{“errors”:[{“code”:“UNAUTHORIZED_CLIENT_APPLICATION”,“message”:“The client application making this request does not have access to this API”}],“request”:{“params”:{}}}

Other things work fine like updates, and media uploads. Any hints on what to do to get it authorized? Thanks,

Hi @jtestk! It seems like you need to apply for access to the Ads API. Please see this post: Ads API Access - UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS.

That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I can schedule tweets from TweetDeck without needing access to Ads, and scheduling tweets doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Ads to me (at least the kind I will be scheduling!).

Is the Ads API the only way to schedule tweets?

@majoritasdev is correct. Scheduled Tweets were released as part of the Ads API, which means you need to apply for access if you wish to access these endpoints. While it’s possible to scheduled Tweets outside of the Ads API—with TweetDeck, as you mentioned, for example—there aren’t endpoints available outside of ads, to my knowledge.

The Tweet endpoints (regular or scheduled) in the Ads API add the ability to nullcast Tweets (these do not appear in the public timeline and are not served to followers) or to Tweet as another user (as long as the correct permissions have been granted).

Hope this helps, @jtestk.