Having trouble setting up cards

Hello,

This is my first time trying to set up cards and I know very little about coding. I will try to explain my issue the best that I can.

I am testing the URL below and I am coming up with the following message in the log:

INFO: Page fetched successfully
INFO: 13 metatags were found
ERROR: No card found (Card error)

Here is the URL: http://billsfanaticsbf.com/

The site is through sitebuilder.com and this is what I have entered in the Page Meta Tags section:

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="@billsfanaticsbf">
<meta name="twitter:creator" content="@billsfanaticsbf">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="Bills Fanatics">
<meta name="twitter:description" content="A Buffalo Bills Blog">

Is this a question for sitebuilder? Maybe I am not coding in the right spot? It doesn’t seem like a nice easy program like wordpress that ‘talks’ to Twitter.

Thanks!

I would have to learn more about Sitebuilder to be able to answer this. When I look at your published page, none of those tags appear in the header (or in the body), so it seems like something is missing somewhere.

Thank you. Can you explain what you mean by none of the tags appear in the header or body? I’m really new to coding, just trying to figure out why the url to this site doesn’t create a card.

Thanks!

When I open your page in a browser, or get it manually at the command line, and I check the source code - those meta tags you’ve entered above are not part of the header of the page, where they should be.

Okay, great! Thank you for your help so far. I’m almost there!!!

Now, my question is, what do I have to do to make the specific article title come up each time for every card?

So for example, if you put this link in the preview, you will see that the name of the article is not what comes up with the picture. What comes up is what I put in the meta title and description code. Is there a way I can code it so each time I post the link, it pulls from the specific article I am tweeting and not the general title and description? So the title and description will change every time.
http://billsfanaticsbf.com/home/broncos-bills-keys-to-the-game

Again, I don’t know how Sitebuilder works here - in Wordpress there are variables that you can substitute in to those fields so that the title changes on a per-page basis. I’d recommend talking to Sitebuilder to ask for advice.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.