Having trouble configuring Twitter Card for main site

The site is https://www.thepietasters.com. It is designed using Wordpress. I have the Twitter plug-in as well as the Yoast SEO plug-in installed. The problem I have is that when I added code to the theme header.php, it took that image, description, etc. and applied that to the Twitter Cards for other pages on the site. I don’t want that to happen.

In comparison, the Card Validator displays the featured image and description correctly for subpages and posts. Below is an example of a subpage Twitter Card:

Where can I add code to configure a Twitter Card for the main site? Or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It has been a while since I set up a Wordpress site myself, but I don’t think you need both the Yoast and Twitter plugins enabled at the same time - either of them will inject the relevant meta tags into the heads of your pages. Additionally I don’t think you should need to change the theme’s header.php as the plugin will do that for you. In the case of the Twitter plugin I think you will see a Twitter Card section in the post or page editor which allows you to customise the content.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.