Have you been waitlisted for access to a developer account?

Hello @ThirstToJustice - Judging by previous responses, I’m assuming that you did complete filling out your application.

Upon completion, did you not receive an email to verify your email address to the address that you have associated with the Twitter account with which you submitted the application? If so, I will have the team look into this.

I have received this but no further emails

it has been 4 days

Twitter
Application under review.

Hello,

Thanks! We’ve received your application and are reviewing it. We’ll be in touch soon.

_We review applications to ensure compliance with our Developer Agreement and Policy. Learn more. _

You’ll receive an email when the review is complete. While you wait, check out our documentation, explore our tutorials, or check out our community forums.

ref:00DA0000000K0A8.5004A00001S9pLX:ref

I’m in the same situation, I need the approved as soon as possible

Notify me here if you receive the verification of Twitter

So you are manually going through thousands of applications from across the globe? Just for one api? You seem to be badly freaked out after things happened to Facebook ! In any case other than disappointment twitter had nothing to present with this action. Since this morning I was just trying to test linking a twitter account to a website and still no progress from your end. I believe I have to give up on you people as you cannot keep up with technology.

my developer account had full statistics that could show i am not in a way using the system like what happened at the facebook

they could have automatically approve my application immediately by system analysis

hi , I’m in the same situation, I need the approved as soon as possible please

Hi Sir,i too applied for a developer account before an week.but not yet its approved.so kindly approve as soon as possible sir.than you

Hello Twitter Staff.
I’m in the same situation from Nov 2017.

I replied several times to an email from Twitter, but I not yet receive answer from Twitter.

Please check ref:_00DA0K0A8._5004A1IE3zP:ref

Could someone update me on the status of my developer account submission @412FoodRescue ?

It has been several days, its possible that an email was missed but I don’t see it.

I’ve been waiting for over a week now. Any idea when you think I’ll hear something?

Hello,

my twitter handle is @PlaySpiritGames
submitted my application since last weekend and still waiting for approval.
Hope it can be approved ASAP.

thanks!

ممممتازه

It has been 6 days still no email nothing. waiting

Twitter
Application under review.

Hello,

Thanks! We’ve received your application and are reviewing it. We’ll be in touch soon.

We review applications to ensure compliance with our Developer Agreement and Policy. Learn more.

You’ll receive an email when the review is complete. While you wait, check out our documentation, explore our tutorials, or check out our community forums.

ref:00DA0000000K0A8.5004A00001S9pLX:ref

I have been waiting for approximately 7 days and 8 hours. This is for an educational project associated with the Full Stack JavaScript Techdegree at Treehouse. Several students have applied before myself and afterwards. All of those students received approval within minutes even though the specifications of the project are identical. I can not move further with this project until I get these API keys. What is the current estimated time of review and why is it that some are approved in minutes and others take a week even when the specifications are the same? Yes, I have read the announcement about the high volume, but I still don’t understand the discrepancy between two identical projects and the approval time.

Thank you!

Hello all,

Just a quick reminder that posting within this topic will not speed up the application approval process. Our team is working through your applications as quickly as possible. Please make sure to read through previous posts by Twitter staff (such as this one and this one) within this topic for more details.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Dan

I think that some of the confusion is that this approval process is opaque to developers and inconsistent.

• We have no idea if it is started yet
  • What you are looking for
  • How long it typically takes (some people are approved within minutes, others are waiting days)
  • if it is a manual process.
  • How many staff are allocated for processing developer access requests
  • Are you processing requests in alphabetical order? Or by the number of followers a Twitter account has?
  • Am I in a queue? How many people are ahead of me? What would my estimated date of approval be?
  • There aren’t even any timescales - for both approving new developer account access, or when the old portal will stop working. Stating that something will be retired soon isn’t of great benefit to developers.

I recently (well last year) did the Ancestry DNA thing. It’s a long process - it takes 6 weeks or so to process your sample. But there was a page I could go to that would keep me up to date with what was being processed. I didn’t’ have to chase support staff because the transparency afforded by the status site. In comparison I have received an email with a reference number on the bottom. I don’t know if that is my application reference or a generic reference for that email response. There’s no guide to timescale (are we talking weeks or days?), in addition, there is no status screen I can go to, to see the status of my request for a developer account.

i’m waiting more than two weeks without any response.

If Twitter was not prepared for the workload of approving developer accounts, why was the process changed? I’ve been waiting for a week now, with no information about the likely wait time until I hear whether or not it is approved

As you stated previously, this topic is supposed to be for helping to identify irregularities and I am trying to point out one. While going through the Treehouse curriculum with other students we have say Student A, Student B, and Student C. All students are from different countries, so that doesn’t seem to be a determining factor. The project specifications are identical. Student A and Student C receive approval within minutes. Student B waits for a week before receiving a request for clarification. This is the definition of irregularity.

I never said (nor believed) that this would speed up the process for me. I’m trying to say that there could, potentially, be something faulty with your queue system.