Has oauth/authenticate stopped working? It's throwing 302 to oauth/authorize


#1

When we make requests to oauth/authenticate (when the app is definitely already authorised) we’re getting 302’d to oauth/authorize.

Specifically we’re expecting the behaviour of not having to re-authorize the app as documented here: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1/get/oauth/authenticate

Is this a bug, an issue with the way we’re talking to the API or an issue with our Consumer? (We’ve not changed anything our end).

I wondered if it might be related to this: https://dev.twitter.com/issues/968 ?

Thanks in advance,

Jim


#2

Check out this blog post: [node:15427] – we added a “use Sign In With Twitter” checkbox to your application configuration, with it defaulted to off. “Opt-in” to the behavior by checking the box and saving. While you’re at it, make sure you’re explicitly specifying your oauth_callback on oauth/request_token and sending oauth_verifier on oauth/access_token – you probably are, but doesn’t hurt to make sure.

Thanks!


#3

Awesome, thanks Taylor. That’s fixed it right away.

I’ll conduct a quick audit of callbacks & verifiers this morning as you suggest but everything appears normal.

Just FYI a note about the App Settings might be handy for other folk on the endpoint doc: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1/get/oauth/authenticate

Have a great weekend.

J


#4

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the suggestion – I’ve made an additional note there. You also have a great weekend!