Gradle sync error while fetching moat-mobile-app-kit



I am trying to update mopub SDK to 5.1.0. Whenever we do gradle sync, we get these 2 errors:

I can’t access those URLs from a browser as well, tried to access those URLs from a server machine with a different IP address, the same result. I get “access denied” in all scenarios.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.



This is a known issue that causes Moat 2.4.1 build errors that affects publishers using MoPub Android SDK 4.20.0+, One by AOL 6.8.1., Android Studio 3.1.2 and the latest Gradle build tools.

There are two workarounds:

  • Option 1: Disable Moat on the MoPub’s side. This will disable viewability via Moat.
  • Option 2: Publishers integrating the MoPub SDK binary cloned from GitHub can manually upgrade the Moat SDK version from 2.4.1 to the latest (2.4.5 as of this writing).

Note, a fix has been included in the new SDK version 5.2. we just released:

We encourage you to update your version when possible.



I’m trying to integrate Mopub into the fire app builder by amazon and running into this issue. I’m currently running the latest Moat sdk (2.4.5) and I have the latest SDK (5.3). How do I disable Moat?



To disable MOAT. Exclude docs here:


I get this error even on 5.4.0 or 5.2.0. Using Android Studio 3.2.1, and followed instructions on using the standard JCenter (AAR) approach.
I get the same errors in the Android console @ : -

Metadata of


Yes same here. It’s never been fixed.


I am seeing 403s all the time from as well



I just reproduced the issue and have a fix!

Step 1) In, ensure you are using distributionUrl=

Step 2) Ensure that in your application’s gradle script, you have
maven { url “” } in both the buildscript and allprojects sections.

Let us know if that fixes it for you.


Doesn’t fix it for me.


The error has not beed fixed yet on the latest sdk, please provide right information after checking


Still exists for me…:fearful:


@wacamoe, I followed your recommendations and the app is building successfully now! I am also seeing multiple mopub libraries being generated which is a promising sign.

I’ve updated my StackOverflow post accordingly.

Please update the setup guide as to avoid future confusion.