GooglePlayServices Native Ad with a strange bug on some devices

Firstly, Hi for everyone there.

We are trying to use admob native ads with MoPub SDK (with their adapters and ad-renderers) but we are facing a strange issue.

As you can see, some native ads aren’t showing up.

This happens on some devices, not all, here is the list of devices we’ve tried on.

Galaxy S6 with Android 7.0 : Bug
Galaxy S4 with Android 6: Bug
Galaxy S5 with Android 5.1: Works as expected (No bug)
Motorola X force with Android 7.0: Works as expected (No bug)

We already have tried lots of things but nothing works.

Also, we are using the native ads with the MoPub Ad RecyclerView adapter.

Hope someone can help us.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

This is an unexpected behavior. Could you share with us a mini sample app from your end that reproduces this issue? Also include in it details like the ad unit ID, and your current RecyclerView setup.

Thanks!

I have some problem. Mopub adapter not use old view.
If change in MoPubStreamAdPlacer -> getAdView
final View view = (convertView != null) ?
convertView : nativeAd.createAdView(mActivity, parent);
to
final View view = nativeAd.createAdView(mActivity, parent);
Ads show good. But slowled listview.

I have the same problem but it’s quite random.

Could you share with us a mini sample app from your end that reproduces this issue? Also include in it details like the ad unit ID, and your current RecyclerView setup.
[/quote]

Hi - Could you share with us a mini sample app from your end that reproduces this issue? Also include in it details like the ad unit ID, and your current RecyclerView setup. You can send this to support@mopub.com

Hi - Could you share with us a mini sample app from your end that reproduces this issue? Also include in it details like the ad unit ID, and your current RecyclerView setup. You can send this to support@mopub.com

I can’t send any sample app to reproduce the issue, I am sorry.
I just noticed it today again on my Phone (android 8.0)

I noticed this logs from AdMob (when the Ad only display the small info icon):
I/Ads: Received log message: Google:HTML Not all asset views lie inside the native ad view

Does it help you in any way to find out the issue?

Known issue - speaking with Google here: https://github.com/mopub/mopub-android-mediation/issues/22.

Hello, the issue should have been resolved in v15.0.0.2 of the AdMob adapters. Give that a try and let us know if you still see the issue.