Getting many errors on Twitter authentication process with c9 and passport

authentication

#1

Hello all,

I’ve been getting a couple of errors when trying to process Twitter authentication process (login) on c9.io. I’ve implemented this process using passport and Clementine.js.

Here is the particular error about the twitter auth I’ve been getting:

Error: The given URL is considered malware
at Strategy.parseErrorResponse (/home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/passport-twitter/lib/strategy.js:206:12)
at Strategy.OAuthStrategy._createOAuthError (/home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/passport-oauth1/lib/strategy.js:393:16)
at /home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/passport-oauth1/lib/strategy.js:244:41
at /home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:543:17
at passBackControl (/home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:397:13)
at IncomingMessage. (/home/ubuntu/workspace/node_modules/oauth/lib/oauth.js:409:9)
at emitNone (events.js:91:20)
at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:185:7)
at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)

It seems that the project url has been blacklisted by twitter as malware although I’m not sure why. I’ve tried using url shortener on it and also researched on a lot of suggested fixes from online. Right now, I’ve used a link found here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/90491

to try to resolve the problem which means passing this issue to a resolution team from twitter. In the meantime, I’d like to get some insight if this is a common issue for the c9.io platform or for twitter.