Getting 215 Bad Authentication Data using Abraham's Twitter Library

restapi
oauth
php

Hi,

Alright, here it is: I’m trying to authenticate users using Abraham’s TwitterOAuth PHP. I’m specifically flowing Abraham’s Authorization Flow from the TwitterOAuth website. I’ve filled in the definitions for ‘CONSUMER_KEY’, ‘CONSUMER_SECRET’, and ‘OAUTH_CALLBACK’, with the right values from my app settings at Twitter. I’ve quadruple checked them, and I’ve even regenerated them just in case. I’ve also made sure to check the box that allows the application to be used to sign in with twitter. No matter what, though, I get a 215 Bad Authentication Data error on this line:
$request_token = $connection->oauth(‘oauth/request_token’, array(‘oauth_callback’ => OAUTH_CALLBACK));

The full error reads:

“Fatal error: Uncaught Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuthException: {“errors”:[{“code”:215,“message”:“Bad Authentication data.”}]} in /Users/aliceanderson/Desktop/website stuff/Twitter User Login/twitter/twitteroauth/src/TwitterOAuth.php:137 Stack trace: #0 /Users/aliceanderson/Desktop/website stuff/Twitter User Login/twitter/twitteroauth/login_practice.php(17): Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuth->oauth(‘oauth/request_t…’, Array) #1 {main} thrown in /Users/aliceanderson/Desktop/website stuff/Twitter User Login/twitter/twitteroauth/src/TwitterOAuth.php on line 137”.

Line 137 in TwitterOAuth.php is in a function that reads:

public function oauth($path, array $parameters = [])
{
$response = [];
$this->resetLastResponse();
$this->response->setApiPath($path);
$url = sprintf(’%s/%s’, self::API_HOST, $path);
$result = $this->oAuthRequest($url, ‘POST’, $parameters);

if ($this->getLastHttpCode() != 200) {
        throw new TwitterOAuthException($result);
    }

parse_str($result, $response);
    $this->response->setBody($response);

return $response;
}

I’m just not all sure what that means or how to fix it. I have been able to access the twitter api using my access token, and access secret. I am working from a local environment, but from what I’ve read that doesn’t seem like it should be an issue. Maybe that’s what’s doing it? On that note I have been using http://127.0.0.1:8888/ for my web address and http://127.0.0.1:8888/path..etc. for my callback in my app settings.

Anyway, any help would be very very much appreciated. Sorry in advance if I’m missing the obvious.

Thanks!

Alice

CHECK THERE IS NO SPACES in accesstoken

Hey Alice,
this is my code and I am getting user data, although at first because off a stupid space character in access token i was getting the 215 error but after removing that it worked instantly.

<?php **
use Abraham\TwitterOAuth\TwitterOAuth;
ini_set(‘display_errors’, true);
/
GET USER DETAILS WITH ACCESS TOKEN **/
require_once ‘vendor/autoload.php’;

$CONSUMER_KEY =‘xxxxx’;
$CONSUMER_SECRET=‘xxxxx’;

$access_token=‘xxxxxxx’;
$access_token_secret=‘xxxxx’;

$connection = new TwitterOAuth($CONSUMER_KEY, $CONSUMER_SECRET, $access_token, $access_token_secret);
$connection->host =“https://api.twitter.com/1.1/”;//change the default
$connection->ssl_verifypeer = TRUE;
$connection->content_type = ‘application/x-www-form-urlencoded’;
$content = $connection->get(“account/verify_credentials”,[‘oauth_token’=>$access_token,‘oauth_token_secret’=>$access_token_secret]);
print_R($content);

and my app setting were: