GET users/suggestions not working for czech language

tweepy

I am trying to get a list of suggested user categories as described here. My code (using Tweepy module) is pretty simple:

auth = tweepy.OAuthHandler(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET)
auth.set_access_token(ACCESS_TOKEN, ACCESS_TOKEN_SECRET)
api = tweepy.API(auth)

for category in api.suggested_categories(lang='cs'):
	print(category.slug)

When I change the language code to Italian (it), Polish (pl) or any other supported language, the returned list is clearly distinguishable from the default english list. But using Czech language code (cs) the list is identical to the english one. This can mean two things - either the suggestions for the two countries are actually identical (highly unlikely) or the country code is not recognized (Unrecognized codes receive an english suggestion list as noted in API reference).

The “cs” is a valid ISO 639-1 language code and can be also found in a list of currently supported languages by Twitter API (using the GET help/languages method).

Is it a bug or am I missing something here?

This is a good question, I’ll have to ask around on this one as I’m not sure. Marking this one to follow-up when I’ve got more knowledge!

This appears to be an omission (aka :bug:) in the service - and a mistake in the documentation to imply that it should work for that language code, when there are no results available. I don’t expect us to make any changes to this endpoint for the foreseeable future, so I’m sorry to say that you won’t get suggested users for Czech from the API.