GET user limits in streaming API

Newby question:
User, app, window or user?
Hello,
I would like to listen in real time to 50.000 known twitter users. Only actual tweets are important, not older ones. Now I wonder, which rate limits are relevant:
The 1% limitation should not be relevant, because the number of tweets will not exceed this limit at any given time. Right?
Is it possible to listen to more than 180 users simultaneously? Is this limit relevant?
If the rate limit of 180 users is relevant, what would hapen, if I would run the app on one server but in different windows. What would hapen, if I would run different similiar apps on the same server?
So, the question is, how many users can you listening to on the streaming API, is there a best practice to increase the number, or should I move to firehose?
Thank you!

From the documentation on the Streaming API:

Each account may create only one standing connection to the public endpoints, and connecting to a public stream more than once with the same account credentials will cause the oldest connection to be disconnected.

Clients which make excessive connection attempts (both successful and unsuccessful) run the risk of having their IP automatically banned.

and

The default access level allows up to 400 track keywords, 5,000 follow userids and 25 0.1-360 degree location boxes. If you need elevated access to the Streaming API, you should explore our partner providers of Twitter data Certified Data Products

So, you can connect once to the filter endpoint and follow up to 5,000 user accounts. If you require more than this, you will need to investigate the other options e.g. GNIP.

Thank you!