GET statuses/mentions with include_rts in API 1.1?

Hello,

In API 1.0 I’ve used GET statuses/mentions with include_rts set to true to get “all messages, related to user”. Did I got right, that now I should make two separate queries: first to GET statuses/mentions_timeline and second to GET statuses/retweets_of_me ?

The parameter probably didn’t do what you thought it did on API v1 – the statuses/mentions endpoint always has returned just mentions – the include_rts option was just to allow you to get retweets of mentions – not all messages related to a user really…

include_rts defaults to true on /1.1/statuses/mentions_timeline. /1.1/statuses/retweets_of_me is indeed what you want if you’re looking for retweets of your content. You may also want to look into the User Streams Streaming API to get streamed retweets in real time.

Great! Thank you very much!

So, did I got it right — /1.1/statuses/mentions_timeline eqauls to /1/statuses/retweets_of_me ?

Not quite…

/1.1/statuses/mentions_timeline == /1/statuses/mentions – they’re really the same method, just with some changes to how you access them. /1/statuses/mentions didn’t really do what you thought it did.

To get what you’re after, you want to use /1.1/statuses/retweets_of_me – you would have wanted to use that method in API v1 also.

Thank you, now it’s everything clear for me.