GDPR and new SDK with consent

MoPub should make their dialog customizable so Devs can manually (and independently from MoPub if they didn’t reach an agreement with Google) add AdMob and FAN to the list of Ads Provider to ask consent for.
OR
Allow all Devs to use a custom consent solution so that in the same Dialog we can ask consent for all ad network we use.

As it is now I think we have 2 options:

1. use a 1st dialog (own custom dialog) to ask consent for AdMob/FAN and then when user agree/disagree also show the MoPub dialog. This is quite bad honestly as the user faces 2 choices for the same reasons (ads).

2. use only a own custom dialog to ask consent for all the Ad Networks we use (so we will not show MoPub dialog at all). The drawbacks of this are:

• MoPub Market place will only show Non Personalized Ads as we have no way to pass consent to MoPub SDK (because for non approved publishers the ConsentStatus is always negative by default if we set it manually via API)
    • we need to edit all MoPub adapters ourself to pass the consent as we can’t use MoPub consent status (as said above)

And now MoPub added one more limitation to force us to use MoPub own consent dialog instead of using our own to ask consent for AdMob at the same time too…

I’m facing the same issue (you have any updates?) and one additional things that’s not clear: Facebook does not provide a Consent SDK and says publishers are responsible on their own for being compliant with regulations. In this case, how do you ensure proper handling and documentation of all the individual consents given by the users?

I also want to know how to handle the consent for Admob and Facebook. Even if we present Consent dialog provided by google, how do we pass the choice the mediated network? Patch the adapter in MoPub?
Please help to provide more clear instructions, thanks.

Sadly MoPub behaved really bad on this.

They should make their dialog customizable so Devs can manually (and independently from MoPub if they didn’t reach an agreement with Google) add AdMob and FAN to the list of Ads Provider to ask consent for.
OR
Allow all Devs to use a custom consent solution so that in the same Dialog we can ask consent for all ad network we use.

As it is now I think we have 2 options:

1. use a 1st dialog (own custom dialog) to ask consent for AdMob/FAN and then when user agree/disagree also show the MoPub dialog. This is quite bad honestly as the user faces 2 choices for the same reasons (ads).

2. use only a own custom dialog to ask consent for all the Ad Networks we use (so we will not show MoPub dialog at all). The drawbacks of this are:

• MoPub Market place will only show Non Personalized Ads as we have no way to pass consent to MoPub SDK (because for non approved publishers the ConsentStatus is always negative by default if we set it manually via API)
    • we need to edit all MoPub adapters ourself to pass the consent as we can’t use MoPub consent status (as said above)

What are other Devs planning to do about this? I think almost noone use MoPub without AdMob

Mopub with Admob is very common combination for ad serving.

I am thinking to show the google consent dialog (Admob + Mopub), then grant/revoke mopub consent base on the user decision.
But I found out in Publisher-owned Consent - Disclaimer (Only specific (managed) publishers who have been given permission are able to use their own consent dialog. If you attempt to use the API without approval, we will not collecting personal data even for users that have provided consent. Please contact your account manager for further assistance.). So, I don;t know whether this approach is accepted or not.

Can someone in MoPub team stand out to give us some advice?

You need to show the MoPub dialog if you want MoPub to get positive Consent. If you pass consent through API without the MoPub Dialog, your consent will be regarded as negative.

@tacchan23 got any solution for this?