Gallery Card: Android Deep Linking not working; only sends to play store

Hello, i’m trying to implement Twitter cards deep linking with an Android application.

I followed the instructions displayed on: https://dev.twitter.com/cards/mobile.

I set up the markup to enable deeplinking and app installs on my website, but I can’t get a Twitter Card to open my app after pressing on “Open in App” button.

<meta name="twitter:app:country" content="AR" />
    <meta name="twitter:app:name:googleplay" content="Properati" />
    <meta name="twitter:app:id:googleplay" content="com.properati.user" />
[...]
  <meta name="twitter:app:url:googleplay" content="properati://AR/development/tudor-building" />
  <meta name="twitter:card" content="gallery">
  <meta name="twitter:site" content="@properati">
  <meta name="twitter:creator" content="@properati">
  <meta name="twitter:title" content="Tudor Building">
  <meta name="twitter:description" content="Caballito - Tudor Building">

When I see this tweet and press the ‘view on mobile app’ button I get redirected to the Play Store, who only displays “Uninstall” button (not even Open)

I configured my AndroidManifest to listen to my website tags but it’s not working.

<intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />

<data android:scheme="properati"/>
            </intent-filter>

I also tried to lauch this specific intent via ADB and it’s working fine, so I can’t tell where is the issue coming from.

The problem seems to be near this tag

<meta name="twitter:app:url:googleplay" content="properati://AR/development/tudor-building" />

since the app ID is recognized but that intent is never fired.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Android deep linking from twitter cards still goes to browser
Android deep linking - passing data through scheme not working

Plz help, @jbulava, @theSeanCook

Tnx

Hi @runixo, the team has acknowledged a possible bug and is investigating! I’ll be sure to follow up with any updates or resolution. This is being tracked internally as PREL-11181.

Thanks @jbulava :smile:
I’m not exactly sure what’s so special on my implementation (ie, why it’s working for everyone else, except me?)

If you had a hint there, I could modify it on my side while you fix the real bug.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @runixo, apologies for the delay. The engineering team has pushed a fix that was affecting Android app links. Now that’s in place, you can delete line 102 of your source code (shown below) and your card should open in Properati as expected! Keep in mind that past cards might be cached, so feel free to test with a new URL or just adding something like “?x=1” on a URL when tweeting.

<meta name="twitter:app:url:googleplay" content="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.properati.user&hl=en" />