I’ve been trying to display the status created_at time in users local time through the below API.
$content = $connection->get(‘statuses/home_timeline’, array(‘count’ => 14));
Response (for readability i posted 2 fields from each result) :
[created_at] => Sun Dec 14 04:58:58 +0000 2014 [utc_offset] => 19800 [created_at] => Sun Dec 14 04:58:11 +0000 2014 [utc_offset] => -28800 [created_at] => Sun Dec 14 04:57:56 +0000 2014 [utc_offset] =>
In the above response, you can see in a result utc_offset is empty. So,
- How should i get the current local time of user?
- What’s the default timezone that we receive in created_at?
- How to convert the Twitter generated TimeDate to local users timezone?
Through my research,
i found that we can obtain the current users local time by
- Diving the utc_offset by 3600.
- Then adding those value to the created_at time.
But, what if in case if utc_offset field is empty?