Following Data Missing from Streaming Favorite/Retweet Events

streaming
userstream

Just like it says on the tin, when accessing the User Stream, the source node’s following data is always returned as null. I’ve tested with a couple of different user accounts and I’ve tried retweeting a tweet, faving a tweet, unfaving a tweet. I’ve tested for faving from a private account, from a public account, to a private account, to a public account. Here the relevant JSON for one example (I’ve pruned some of the extraneous data out):

"source": {
    "id": 0123456789,
    "created_at": "Wed Oct 21 23:53:04 +0000 2015",
    "notifications": null,
    "name": "##########",
    "friends_count": 2,
    "statuses_count": 89,
    "location": null,
    "followers_count": 2,
    "listed_count": 1,
    "protected": true,
    "description": null,
    "utc_offset": null,
    "screen_name": "##########",
    "follow_request_sent": null,
    "profile_background_tile": false,
    "following": null,  # <--- This should be true/false
    "lang": "en",
    "time_zone": null
  },

For what it’s worth, the correct following data is returned from the REST API.

Is there somewhere I can file a bug report or get a status check on this? I don’t want to do a bunch of contortions, spend a ton of time, and burn my rate limits trying to work around this, but there doesn’t seem to be an alternative at the moment. (Even a WONTFIX would be appreciated.)

I realize it’s the holidays, so folks are probably out of the office for a well-deserved break, but I didn’t want this to fall through the cracks.

Thanks all. Happy new year’s.

Hi @jcbl - as you mentioned many of us were out for holidays. I’ll take a look, but I can’t promise I’ll have anything to share in the immediate future.

Any news?